Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure*.
- Shortness of breath
If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include*:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw it in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wear a face mask when you are sick.
- Clean your hands often.
- Wash hands: Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. This is especially important after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Hand sanitizer: If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry.
- Soap and water: Soap and water are the best option, especially if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching: Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Call 911 if you have a medical emergency: If you have a medical emergency and need to call 911, notify the operator that you have or think you might have, COVID-19. If possible, put on a face mask before medical help arrives.
Please visit www.cdc.gov/COVID19 for more information.
The below are some facilities with COVID-19 testing at their locations. This is not an all-inclusive list.
- Berry Center located at 8877 Barker Cypress Rd, Cypress, TX 77433
- Legacy Community Health has COVID-19 testing at three of their Houston locations.
- Legacy Fifth Ward, 3811 Lyons Ave.
- Legacy Montrose, 1415 California St.
- Legacy Southwest, 6441 High Star Dr.
- United Memorial Medical Center located at 510 W Tidwell Rd, Houston, TX 77091.
**Our office does not test for COVID-19. If you believe you have COVID-19 or experience any of the symptoms or had contact with someone with known or suspected COVID-19, please call our office prior to coming in.
Our office is offering Telemedicine Services which allows you the opportunity to speak with our physicians over the phone from the comfort of your own home. These services are billed to your insurance and paid per your insurance plan and insurance contracted rates.
To book a Telemedicine appointment, please log into your Patient Portal or call our office at 281-955-0338 to schedule.